Five Ways to Save Money This Summer
Summer time tends to be one of the most expensive times of the year. We’re here to help you find ways to save money this summer!
Let’s face it! The kids are out for summer break, the weather is warmer which means running your A/C and the family wants to do all sorts of activities! Fitting all of this into your budget isn’t always the easiest thing to do. In fact sometimes it is almost down right impossible!
Before you stress over the summer budget, make sure to read these 5 tips on how to save money this summer.
1. in advance – With the kids home all day they will be eating more food at home and this can drastically raise your grocery bill. Do not let this stress you out, there are ways to keep your grocery budget on track.
Plan Your Meals in Advance! Make sure to have everything you need for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks on hand. Nothing will break your budget more than running to the store last-minute to pick up lunch for the day. Having all of the items you need on hand will also come in handy when your family decides they want to take a last-minute trip somewhere! You won’t have to stop for fast food. Need some meal ideas? Check out Bulk Freezer Cooking website here:
2. Turn off the A/C. – The hottest part of the day is between 2pm and 6pm, so plan an outing during that time. Go swimming, have a water balloon fight outside or any other activity that will keep you cool and the A/C off. Turning off the A/C during these peak hours can save you a lot of money on your electric bill.
3. Go Camping! – If you don’t have all of the gear, camping can get expensive, but not to worry there are solutions.
Plan a camping trip in your own backyard. Roast s’mores, tell ghost stories and enjoy some good old fashion family time!
Quick reminder – when spending time in the outdoors, it can be a good idea to use bug spray, and remember to check yourself and your kiddos regularly for ticks!
4. Don’t Pay Full Price – Summer is one of the most popular times to visit amusement parks. We all know how fun and expensive amusement parks are. Look for discount tickets at grocery stores, online and at your local Chamber of Commerce. Another way to save money is to pack an ice cooler with foods and drinks. This will give you a HUGE savings!
5. Take Advantage of Free Activities. – Most cities offer a huge variety of free activities. Check your local newspaper or Chamber of Commerce website for free activities. Free concerts in the park, movie nights at local parks, free museum days, library activities are just some of the free activities most towns offer.
We hope this tips give you some ideas on ways to save money this summer! So be safe, and have a FABULOUS Summer everyone! 🙂